You can record your own audio files or you can order them in the Audio Production Store ($70) or we can record them for you ($30).
Order a Professionally Recorded Greeting
1. For professional recordings, visit our Audio Production Store, which provides a simple interface to purchase professionally recorded voice prompts and custom music on hold. (Approx. $70)
In the Press8 Audio Production Store, you can do such things as:
- Sample multiple voices of recording agents so you can choose the artist that best meets your needs.
- Choose from multiple languages.
- Have your voice recording sent to you via e-mail.
- 24-48 hour turnaround time.
- Get an instant price quote based on the type of recording, number of prompts, and number of words to record.
- Have a message on hold recorded with music in the background
2. Another great place to get cheap professional audio file recordings is Fiverr. Just ask them to give it to you in .wav 16-bit PCM format. Prices start at $5.
3. If you want a quick turnaround, Press8 can record it for $30 each (call for bulk pricing discounts). Just email: email@example.com.
Create a Recorded Audio File Yourself
Using your VoIP desk phone:
When your VoIP phone is set up, you can easily make recordings anytime by dialing: *22 on your phone’s dial pad. The menu will step you through how to make your recording.
- You can make as many recordings as you want and listen to them, rename or delete the ones you do not want by going to your control panel at https://manage.press8.com and clicking on =>Features =>Sound Files.
- Sound file names are the date/time of the recording. You can edit the file name to help you keep them organized.
Using your cell phone:
You can make recordings using your cell phone or any other phone via the Press8 control panel: First, go to https://manage.press8.com. Login and then go to Features=>Sounds=>Call to Record. You can use the phone number you want the system to call. i.e., 5127779898 (no dashes), and follow the prompts.
- You can record as many as you want and delete the recording files you do not want to use and rename the ones you want to keep in: Features=>Sound Files.
- Sound file names are created using the date/time of the recording. You can edit the file name to help you keep them organized.
Using your PC or MAC:
You can also make recordings using your PC or MAC sound software: (We recommend Audacity for Windows and MAC Users). Just save your recordings as .wav 16-bit PCM format files, upload them at https://manage.press8.com, and click on =>Features =>Sounds=>New. Your .wav file should be in 16-bit PCM format.
How to Upload Your Completed Sound File to Your Press8 Phone System
There are 2 options:
1. We add it to your phone system. – Easiest
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org and attach your sound file. Tell us where you want us to put your recorded audio file on your phone system.
2. You add it to your control panel then let our support team know where you want it on your phone system. – More work for you.
- If you created your recorded audio file outside of the control panel, go to Features=>Sounds click ‘New’, and add your recording there.
- Email email@example.com and tell them what the file name is and where you want us to put it in your phone system.
If you have any difficulties making or ordering recordings, don’t hesitate to get in touch with our Support Department at 800-349-VOIP(8647) or firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will be glad to help you.