To change your companies main greeting you must first record your new greeting or have us record it for you (for just $30 a recording). If you want us to record one for you, just email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or, choose a voice talent and order it at our Audio Production Store.
If you record it yourself, save it in .wav format/mono.
Have Press8 Update Your Main Greeting
If you want us to update your phone system with your new greeting, we would be happy to! You can just email email@example.com and attach the .wav file with your instructions. There is no charge to update the main greeting on your Press8 phone system.
Do it yourself instructions
First, save your file (** You must be an Admin to do this) to ‘Sounds’:
1. Login to: https://manage.press8.com
2. Go to: Features
3. => Sounds
4. Then click on ‘New’ to add a new sound file
5. Fill in the ‘Name’ & ‘Description’ fields for your reference, and then upload the file and then save the file. (1. Decide on a file name 2. Add a description if you want one 3. Choose the .wav file from your computer. 4. Save)
6. Next, you need to add the sound file to the Hunt Group. Go to: Features=> Numbers and click on your companies main telephone number
7. Click on your companies main telephone number
8. Scroll down the ‘Number’ page to where it says ‘Route Calls To’ on the left-hand side. Then click on the arrow next to the drop-down BELOW Default Destination to take you to the hunt group settings.
9. Inside the ‘Hunt Group’ you clicked on, scroll down to where it says ‘Message File’ on the left-hand side. Click on ‘Sound File To Use’ and choose from the drop-down (you should see the file you saved into ‘Sounds’ in step 5 above. Then click on ‘Use or Upload’.
10 You can now click on the ‘Play’ button to listen to your new main greeting.
11. Always test the new setup by calling your main phone number to see if it is set up right.
If you have any questions just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.